|Network Appliance, Inc. :||GF940/HDS 9980V (32GB cache)|
|SPECsfs97_R1.v3 =||19120 Ops/Sec (Overall Response Time = 0.72 msec)|
|Server Configuration and Availability|
|Vendor ||Network Appliance, Inc. |
|Hardware Available ||April 2003|
|Software Available||May 2003 |
|Date Tested||March 2003 |
|SFS License Number||33 |
|Licensee Locations||Sunnyvale, CA |
|CPU, Memory and Power|
|Model Name ||GF940/HDS 9980V (32GB cache) |
|Processor ||1.8-GHz Intel Pentium 4 |
|# of Processors ||1 core, 1 chip, 1 core/chip |
|Primary Cache ||12 K uops I + 8 KB D |
|Secondary Cache ||512 KB on-die |
|Other Cache ||N/A |
|UPS ||APC Silcon 80KW|
|Other Hardware ||none |
| Memory Size ||3GB + 32GB (see notes) |
|NVRAM Size ||256 MB |
|NVRAM Type ||DIMM on PCI card |
|NVRAM Description||minimum 7-day battery-backed shelf-life |
|OS Name and Version||Data ONTAP 6.4.1|
|Other Software ||none |
|File System ||WAFL |
|NFS version ||3 |
|Buffer Cache Size ||dynamic|
|# NFS Processes ||N/A|
|Fileset Size ||183.7 GB|
|Network Type ||Gigabit Ethernet |
|Network Controller Desc. ||X1025D PCI adapter card|
|Number Networks ||1 (N1) |
|Number Network Controllers||1 |
|Protocol Type ||TCP |
|Switch Type ||Extreme BlackDiamond 6816 (N1)|
|Bridge Type ||N/A |
|Hub Type ||N/A |
|Other Network Hardware ||N/A |
|Disk Subsystem and Filesystems|
|Number Disk Controllers ||2 |
|Number of Disks ||64 |
|Number of Filesystems ||1 |
|File System Creation Ops||default|
|File System Config ||16 RAID-5 groups of 4 disks each |
|Disk Controller ||X2050A FC-AL adapter card (256 KB RAM standard) |
|# of Controller Type ||2 |
|Number of Disks ||32/32 |
|Disk Type ||DKR2D-J72FC |
|File Systems on Disks ||F1/F1 |
|Special Config Notes ||see notes|
|Load Generator (LG) Configuration|
|Number of Load Generators ||20 |
|Number of Processes per LG||2 |
|Biod Max Read Setting ||2 |
|Biod Max Write Setting ||2 |
|LG Type ||LG1 |
|LG Model ||Supermicro SuperServer 6010H |
|Number and Type Processors||2 x 1.0-GHz Pentium III |
|Memory Size ||1024 MB |
|Operating System ||SunOS 5.8 Generic_108529-11 i86pc i386 |
|Compiler ||cc, used SFS97_R1 Precompiled Binaries |
|Compiler Options ||N/A |
|Network Type ||Intel Pro/1000 T Server Adapter|
|LG #||LG Type||Network||Target File Systems||Notes|
- NetApp's embedded operating system processes NFS requests from the network layer without any NFS daemons, and uses non-volatile memory to improve performance.
- The memory size includes 3 GB in the GF940 and 32 GB in the HDS 9980V.
- Each disk controller on the GF940 had two FC connections.
- The four controller ports on the GF940 were directly connected to the HDS 9980V disk array.
- The HDS 9980V was configured to export 16 LUNs across these four ports.
- The F1 filesystem was striped across all disk controllers.
- The F1 filesystem was composed of 16 RAID-5 groups; each RAID-group was composed of 4 disks.
- In the event of a power outage, the UPS for the HDS 9980V has enough power to flush the entire cache to disk.
- Server tunings:
- date 0801 -- set clock to 8:01am for reproducibility
- options minra 1 -- to minimize file read-ahead
- options no_atime_on 1 -- to disable access time update
- NetApp and WAFL are registered trademarks and "Data ONTAP" and "Network Appliance" are trademarks of Network Appliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other trademarks belong to their respective owners and should be treated as such.
Generated on Thu Apr 14 14:50:01 2005 by SPEC SFS97 HTML Formatter
Copyright © 1997-2004 Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
First published at SPEC.org on 15-Apr-2003